Where are my fall fans? It’s finally upon us! Leaves changing… pumpkins… festivals… and all things spooky for the month of October.
You may have heard the trending quote “Fall is proof that change is beautiful.” And it truly is. As things slowly start changing around us—the trees, temperatures, colors—it’s a beautiful and seamless transition of seasons.
I’ve been navigating through personal and professional changes over the last year. And I find myself coming back to the importance of how I handle the process. I won’t sugarcoat it—it hasn’t always been beautiful and seamless.
I was speaking with a client last week about transitioning through life’s changes and the lightbulb popped on for this month’s newsletter. Change is inevitable. But how we respond and adapt to this journey is half the battle. (Check out A BOOST OF INSPIRATION below.)
If you’re navigating through a season of change in your life right now—I want to challenge you to welcome it with open arms.
And you’re not in it alone. Talk to a trusted friend. Or respond to this email and share your journey with me. I’ll add a link below for you to schedule some time for a 1-on-1.
Happy Fall and cheers to another month!
Always rooting for your success,
“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
Change isn’t easy.
It isn’t always “beautiful and seamless.”
And most importantly—it’s okay if you find this new territory challenging.
So how do you go from clenched fists to navigating with grace and ease?
First and foremost—understand this is a progressional journey. The amount of time it takes you won’t be the same as someone else. And vice versa. Toss any expectations—whether they be from yourself or from others—and step foot on your new path without the heaviness of comparison or people pleasing.
Declutter your mind of what others say is best and make value-based choices that address your needs.
Just as your vehicle can’t run without fuel and proper maintenance—your body requires special attention to ensure you’re giving yourself the best possible chance of success. You’ve heard it before… you can’t pour from an empty cup. Create time to focus on your health. Fuel yourself with confidence, a clear mind, and energy as you adapt to new schedules and routines.
Below are three quick and simple habits to incorporate into your daily routine:
- Start moving—and keep moving! Recent studies show that walking is the most preferred form of exercise in 30% of adults. Something as small as taking the stairs instead of the elevator can pack huge benefits such as preventing high blood pressure or reducing tension and stress. Challenge yourself to make a conscious choice to get your steps in.
1. The Good Body
- Begin each day with 10 minutes of meditation. This is a golden ticket to starting each and every day with a clear mind and inner calm. I’ll share a link to a morning meditation below.
- Find a workout routine that works for you. This doesn’t have to be vigorous exercise—just something to keep your energy levels up. Physical activity naturally increases serotonin (aka—all those feel-good hormones) which, in turn, boosts your confidence.
Are you clinging to a false illusion that faster is better?
Slow down. Pace yourself. Laugh. There’s humor and beauty in new experiences—soak them in. Give yourself room to enjoy this transition without rushing to the finish line.
Celebrate your triumphs—big and small. Incorporate positive self-talk. Remind yourself of your worth and recognize your incredible talents.
Change is a beautiful thing, my friend. Don’t miss it!
Take some time to reflect:
- Write down a change in your life that you’re either currently going through or will be navigating in the future.
- Set an intention to navigate this change with grace and ease.
- What do you need to begin doing—or stop doing—so that you’re focusing solely on what’s in front of you?
- What are some specific needs that you have? What choices can you make to ensure those needs are addressed as you work through this transition?
- What are three small habits you’ll incorporate into your daily routine to keep your mental, physical and spiritual health a priority?
- Write a list of your unique gifts and talents. What are you good at? What comes easily or naturally to you? This is an empowering exercise. Take your time.
A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM ME TO YOU
10 Minutes of Inner Calm: Your Morning Meditation
From Motivational Speaker, Dr. Wayne Dyer: 5 Lessons To Live By
Chat with me 1-on-1: Pick A Time
*BONUS—From my coaching blog: How to Stop the “Stuckness” in Moving Forward
INCREASED CLARITY, CONFIDENCE AND COURAGE AWAIT
As you progress through this season of change—keep a running list of your triumphs along the way. This is an essential tool to help you if you’re overwhelmed or looking for a boost of inspiration. It can be easy to forget how far you’ve come while you’re in the thick of it. Read over this list often and remind yourself of how incredibly strong and resilient you are.
I’m in your corner—through this season of change and the next.
Benefits of working with a life coach:
- Shift away from feeling stuck
- Create a clear vision for your life
- Work through what’s holding you back with unconditional support
- Create action steps for moving forward with accountability
- Add positivity to your everyday life
Benefits of working with a health coach:
- Get support on your weight loss journey
- Develop effective strategies to redesign your life around health challenges
- Create personalized routines to become more fit
- Learn preventive care focused on longevity
Benefits of working with a wellness coach:
- Manage stress by constructing a self-care plan
- Navigate lifestyle changes with support
- Live your best life by discovering your motivations
- Experience personal fulfillment in everyday life
Not sure which one you need? Grab a coffee and let’s talk about it. It’s on the house!